Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hybrid Accounts Assistant awarded Apprentice of the Year prize

Mimaki’s exclusive distributor for the UK and Ireland, Hybrid Services, is delighted to announce that the company’s Accounts Assistant, Ashley Kauer, has been awarded Apprentice of the Year 2013 by South Cheshire College.

Ashley started his apprenticeship at Hybrid Services in September 2012.  He has successfully achieved Level 2 and 3 AAT Accounting Diplomas and is currently working towards his Level 4 Diploma, which he is due to complete in July. He works four days a week at Hybrid as well as attending college on day-release to conduct his studies.

South Cheshire College awards an 'Apprentice of the Year' prize on an annual basis, which recognises highly motivated and top performing apprentices who have excelled at college and in employment. Ashley also received a prize of £50 for his efforts and plans to join the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) to continue his studies after the summer.

Hybrid’s accountant, Paul Westmacott, has been supervising Ashley since he joined the team 18 months ago and comments, “Ashley has excelled in both his AAT studies at South Cheshire College and also his work-based role here at Hybrid. He has become a very valued member of the accounts department and the wider Hybrid team â€" we are all very proud of what he has achieved.”

Ashley - who has lived in Crewe for most of his life - adds, "I've really enjoyed the apprenticeship because it has given me the chance to earn money, develop my accounting skills in the workplace and improve my qualifications at the same time.  The apprenticeship and accounting courses have helped me to get to where I want to go. I'd thought about going to university but I was put off a bit by the cost... this apprenticeship has been a win-win situation for me. I'm pleased to have won this award because it shows that I must be doing something right!"

Further details of South Cheshire College can be found at www.s-cheshire.ac.uk

For more information on Hybrid, please visit www.hybridservices.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment